About Bill Robertson Toyota
Our Toyota trained team at our Gladstone Toyota Dealership, highly value our guests, striving to ensure that all of our guests are very satisfied with their exsperience with us. We understand the importance of getting what you pay for so our team clearly state the total purchase price on all vehicles. There are no hidden extras, and we honour our trade-in values.
Our Toyota dealership is located on Hanson Road Gladstone just a few minutes from the Gladstone CBD and also a few minutes from Stockland Kin Kora. Our dealership is an official 5-star guest experience dealership, being awarded the prestigious recognition by Toyota Motor Corporation Australia for our excellence in dealership practices. Being a 5-star guest experience dealer means our guests receive the very best service from our highly trained team with the highest standard of facilities.
Our facilities were acknowledged at the 2016 Master Builders Awards with Bill Robertson Toyota’s redeveloped dealership being named Best Retail Facility at the 2016 Master Builders Central Queensland Housing & Construction Awards. Gladstone builder Chris Bell and his team from C J Bell Builders Pty Ltd won the award for the multi-million-dollar year-long redevelopment of our Gladstone dealership on Hanson Road.
Established in 1972, Bill Robertson Toyota is a family owned and operated Toyota dealership that’s been providing the latest New Toyota and quality Used Cars to the Gladstone region for over 40 years.
Along with valuing our guests, we also understand how important our community is and each year we sponsor a number of local events, schools, charities and sporting organisations in the Gladstone, Calliope, Boyne, Tannum Sands and Agnes Water areas.
Our Environmental Policy
Here at Bill Robertson Toyota, we’re proud to be named Australia’s Number 1 Toyota Dealer for Environment Excellence (2015 Toyota Australia Awards). Together with Toyota Australia we work hard to reduce our impact upon the environment through monitoring our energy and water usage, recycling and waste management.
We have processes in place to recover and/or recycle the waste generated at our premises at 84 Hanson Road and 11 Drewe Street, Gladstone. We carry out regular environmental self-audits and have identified the source and the treatment of our different waste streams. Our results are logged on the Environmental Guidelines Website coordinated by Toyota Motor Corporation Australia at http://infoport.tmca.com.au.
Our team enjoys the challenge of improving our dealership’s environmental performance. The process includes not only investing in more environmentally friendly equipment but also examining habits and teaching ourselves to do things in a way which creates less waste. We also enjoy getting involved in a number of local environmental events on a regular basis, including: National Tree Day, Clean Up Australia Day, Gladstone’s Ecofest and Earth Hour.
We also pride ourselves on educating the Gladstone community on ecodriving tips. Ecodriving is a better way of driving to reduce fuel consumption and is a simple and low cost initiative that can be adopted by all of our guests. Toyota Australia wants to ensure that our guests get to enjoy the best and most efficient motoring experience in their Toyota vehicles while also minimising their impact on the environment. Implementing even a few of the EcoDriving tips can lead to fuel (and time) savings when you travel.
The 7 key principles of EcoDriving are:
1. Plan you trip in advance.
2. Remove unnecessary weight and resistance from your car.
3. Keep tyre pressures at recommended levels.
4. Accelerate and decelerate smoothly.
5. Drive in a highest possible gear and at a constant speed.
6. Limit the use of your car air conditioning and other electrical equipment.
7. Keep your Toyota regularly serviced.
View more on Ecodriving here: Ecodriving Guide
Our environmental policy includes the following initiatives -
- Turn off all electrical equipment at the end of each day, unless that item has a power save mode.
- Utilize timers on equipment where possible.
- When replacing equipment, ensure energy efficiency is one of the key selection criteria.
- Ensure all internal lights are turned off at the end of each day.
- Ensure all air conditioners are turned off at the end of each day except for the unit in the computer room.
- Only install energy efficient light bulbs.
- All waste generated at the dealership must be separated into the following categories
- Paper & Cardboard
- Aluminium Cans
- Printer Cartridges
- Electronic Equipment
- Unwanted furniture and equipment which may be reused should be donated to charity.
- Our goal is achieve zero waste to landfill.
- Where possible, communication should be electronic and not paper based. Scanning and emailing options should be utilized wherever possible.
- We will only purchase paper which has a recycled content of at least 50%.
- Where possible, printing and photocopying should be double sided.
- Unwanted single side printed paper should be recycled as note paper.
- When ordering printed material we should ensure the paper and ink are from environmentally friendly sources.
- Staff should always use their own mug and not paper or plastic cups.
- All taps and pipes must be kept in good working order and any leaks must be promptly repaired.
- All hoses used to wash cars must be fitted with a trigger gum to minimise water consumption.
- Washing down work bays must be done with mops and brooms. Any rising must be done as quickly as possible utilizing water saver devices such as a high pressure unit.
- The dealership used rain water tanks to capture water to wash cars.
- The garden watering system will operate on a timer to ensure efficient use of water.
- When purchasing any goods or services preference must be given goods or services produced in a certified as environmentally friendly if all other factors are equal
- Where possible we purchase recycled content products i.e. office stationary, e.g. rechargeable batteries rather than single use batteries, cardboard pens, rulers.
- Our environmental performance is audited by Toyota Motor Corporation Australia.
View our Environmental Report here: Environmental Report.