Not All Hybrids Are Created Equal – Think Hybrid, Think Toyota
July 14, 2021
Toyota Hybrid vehicles combine the power of a petrol engine with the efficiency of two electric motors to deliver a seamless, smooth acceleration and an irresistible drive. The hybrid system allows you to cover more ground while lowering emissions1. Our hybrid battery is recharged while you drive so it’s always ready to go without ever needing to be plugged in.
Two decades ago we changed the game with Prius – the first mass-produced hybrid vehicle – and today we’re still leading the charge with our hybrid technology, determined to drive for a cleaner, greener future for all Australians.
Why choose Toyota Hybrid?
• Cover more ground – The electric motor does the heavy lifting in traffic, dramatically reducing CO₂ emissions1. On the open road, the electric motor combines with the advanced petrol engine for efficient, high-speed driving
• Performance where it matters – Instantaneous torque and state of the art technology delivers a captivating driving experience.
• Affordability – Hybrids are cost-effective to maintain, and extremely competitive in terms of the total cost of ownership.
• Better resale value – Toyota Hybrids typically hold their value better than their petrol equivalent.
• Meets market challenges – Offset high fuel prices with increased efficiency that can create savings over a fully petrol variant.
Australian motorists who bought a Toyota Hybrid vehicle last year are estimated to make a combined savings of more than $11 million in running costs and prevent approximately 20,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2)2 entering the atmosphere in 2020.
Debunking the hybrid myths
• The Toyota Hybrid vehicles currently available in Australia are not plug-ins, though that technology does exist. Regular driving, braking and slowing down recharges our hybrid battery, circumventing the need to be plugged in.
• Toyota Hybrids do not cost more to service than petrol equivalents during your Toyota Service Advantage³ (TWA) period. Under your TWA, all servicing costs are capped at the same price for both Hybrid and conventional models.
• Every new Toyota Hybrid battery4 purchased after 1 January 2019 is covered by warranty for up to 10 years, provided you undertake your annual inspection as part of routine maintenance according to the vehicle logbook. The Toyota Hybrid battery is almost completely recyclable.
• The hybrid battery continuously charges while you drive so you never have to worry about it going flat on a long drive.
• The hybrid vehicle cannot run on electricity once it runs out of fuel, it can only operate on electric mode when fuel is in the tank.