Bill Robertson Toyota is owned and operated by Robertson & Co (Gladstone) Pty Ltd. Bill Robertson Toyota Pty Ltd appreciates and values the relationship we have with you. We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the personal information that you entrust to us.
Robertson & Co (Gladstone) Pty Ltd is an organisation that is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012. A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles is available for your perusal at our premises or you may obtain a copy from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. See http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-resources/privacy-fact sheets/other/privacy-fact-sheet-17-australian-privacy-principles.
The kind of personal information that Bill Robertson Toyota may collect and hold is –
- Your name, date of birth, address, telephone & fax numbers and email address,
- Details of your vehicle including purchase details (if you purchased your vehicle from us) and the service history of that vehicle (when the vehicle has been serviced by us),
- If you purchased finance or insurance products through us we may also hold relevant personal income, asset, insurance and credit history information,
- Your credit card or bank account details if you provide them to us,
- If you apply for a job with us we may hold your employment and education history.
We collect this information from you by asking you directly including face to face, email or other electronic communications. We may use a contractor to ask this information from you on our behalf. Your information is stored on our computers and in our paper archives. Our computers are backed up daily and the backed-up data is taken off site but not put in to another computer. We do not back up our data into an offsite or cloud server at this time. We own, maintain and secure our paper archive.
The main purpose that Bill Robertson Toyota Pty Ltd holds this information is –
- To consider any offer made by you to purchase products and services from Bill Robertson Toyota,
- To consider any trade-in offer that you have made and to perform any agreement for the provision of products and services to you (including any applicable warranties),
- To carry out any repair work requested by you, and to provide any related products and services to you (including any applicable warranties),
- To market to you products and services that form part of the company’s business.
If you apply for a job with us we will only hold your personal information for that purpose. Occasionally, Bill Robertson Toyota contracts out services to a third party, which carries out work that cannot be performed by us at our premises. Your personal information may be given to a third party for this work but will remain confidential.
Bill Robertson Toyota will not sell or give your information to a third party for purposes outside its business.
Bill Robertson Toyota is unlikely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients. However your personal information may be disclosed to Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Limited (“Toyota”) for warranty and related purposes, suppliers of financial and insurance products for which you may apply, and providers of accessories and aftermarket products which you may purchase. Toyota may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients and the One Toyota Privacy Statement is below.
If you would like to access the personal information Bill Robertson Toyota about you, seek the correction of such information or obtain further information about the way Bill Robertson Toyota manages the personal information it holds, then you may contact the Dealer Principal at 84 Hanson Road, Gladstone QLD 4680, phone (07) 4972 2766.
If you would like to update your personal information with Bill Robertson Toyota please advise the Customer Relations Manager.
If you have any concerns about the way personal information is managed by Bill Robertson Toyota, or believe that a breach of your privacy has occurred, or wish complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or a registered APP code, please contact the Dealer Principal at 84 Hanson Road, Gladstone Qld 4680, phone (07) 4972 2766.
Any requests will be taken to the Dealer Principal and you will be advised within 72 hours regarding the outcome of your request.
If you wish to speak with anyone at our company about any privacy issues our contact details are The Dealer Principal, 84 Hanson Road, Gladstone QLD 4680, phone (07) 4972 2766, email at email@example.com.
Bill Robertson Toyota is part of the OneToyota network of Toyota organisations in Australia (each a OneToyota organisation), comprising:
- authorised Toyota dealers in Australia;
- Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Limited;
- Toyota Finance Australia Limited;
- Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Australia Pty Ltd trading as Toyota Insurance; and
- Toyota Western Australia (comprising Prestige Motors Pty Ltd as trustee for the Prestige Toyota Unit Trust and Eastpoint Pty Ltd).
Bill Robertson Toyota and other OneToyota organisations collect and share with each other customer information, including data collected from Connected Services, to provide you an integrated OneToyota customer experience, such as allowing you to be known across the network regardless of which OneToyota organisation you deal with and to provide you with products, services, information and assistance, respond to your enquiries and help keep your information up to date. Your information may be disclosed to OneToyota network service providers in Australia and overseas for these purposes.
OneToyota organisations may send you marketing to inform you about products or services, special offers, promotions and events that may be of interest to you. These marketing communications may include joint promotions with promotion partners and may be sent to you using any contact details provided by you, such as post, phone, email or SMS.
Your consent to receive marketing from a OneToyota organisation will be deemed to be ongoing if you do not opt out when you are offered the opportunity to do so, or unless and until you advise the relevant organisation otherwise.